Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year in 2019

Hello 2019



I had a dream last night. In that dream, my deceased aunt and uncle came to visit me. We shared great conversation and laughter. They looked younger than I remember them. None the less it was a nice dream because it was just so nice to see them again. Disappointment came when I awoke to reality. Who knows but God, why we dream what we dream? It does seem that the years go by quicker as each year goes by. The world changes, people change, every thing changes. One could hope for the better. Today, December 31, 2018, some of us will celebrate the New Year tonight, the changing of the clock as we watch the minute hand come to a stop at midnight. What happens during that stop? Are we celebrating the passing of another year of life gone by? Are we celebrating as to say "Thank God that Year is over and I sure pray that 2019 is better?" or "That was a great year of many wonderful happenings within our lives." Yeah! We made it through the struggles and came out stronger for them. Yes, there are still challenges ahead but this is a new year and a new beginning to make the changes we failed to make the previous year. We celebrate going forward in our lives, reaching new heights, conquering the giants which plagued us the year before. Is it a time to take New inventory of our lives to see where it is we are to go in 2019, what positive changes can we make to see progress within our lives which help the lives of those around us even better?

Well, I'm not sure. I imagine the clock will strike midnight and whether or not I am surround by many loved ones or sitting by the fire with my husband toasting in the New Year, hopefully, the clock won't stop at midnight and that minute of celebration will continue all throughout the coming days and year.

I remember the years of old and singing "Ole Lang Zine". Reflecting back some years, I also remember seeing in the New Year with my brothers and Dad shooting their shot guns up into the air while Mum and I were clanging the pots and pans as the New Year rang in loud and clear. Not sure why that was our tradition, but I remember it. Maybe in some way we were waking up the dead. As if to say, "Happy New Year!! everyone. May 2019 be a great one. May this world we live in, become a better one. (by God's great grace)

So, Happy New Year everyone. For me, I thank God for each day of 2018 and the years which have come and gone because within those years, I lived life. In doing so met many wonderful people who have come and gone. It has been a journey of learning of which there is still much to learn. God has always been a part of my journey all the way. To have that Saviour God the Christ Messiah to walk with me and help me, is of great significance. I am thankful for what He (God) has taught me through the ups and downs along that road. I thank Him for another day, another year ahead which may be full of many surprises. It is great to celebrate the life we have, especially the life we can have in Christ our Saviour. So I start out this New Year, not with a shout, but more of a whisper and a prayer as Jesus Himself taught an example of how to pray.


Matthew 6:9-13

9 Pray then like this:

"Our Father who is in Heaven. Holy is your name, Let thy Kingdom come and thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread (what we need). Forgive us our sins (trespasses) as we also forgive those who trespass (sin) against us. Lead us not into temptation (to not fall to the temptation to do evil) But deliver us from evil (Jesus is our deliverer) For Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment