Friday, November 2, 2012

Matthew Chapter 24

I was at a women's retreat on the weekend. I heard a message given from the pulpit. The speaker moves in the gifts of the prophetic. She gave a message for these current times. It was a serious message.

We look all around us and we can see the signs of the end of the age. Whether it is scientific calculations, astronomers, Nostradamus followers or following the Myan calendar - people are watching and expecting something to happen to our planet. I follow the bible , I believe that "God" the Creator of the Universe, created everything and inspired the writings of the bible.  Old testament prophets, spoke of the day of the Lord, hundreds of years before the prophesied Messiah (Christ Jesus)  even came. It was prophesied that the Messiah would come and offer salvation and redemption from death. It is all documented in the Holy Bible. We have seen many of the prophesies come to pass. There is definitely more prophecies to be fulfilled. These are spoken of by the prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and through the visions of John spoken of in the book of revelation. The signs are written out throughout the bible.

If you don't know what they are, Jesus himself spoke of some of these signs, found in the gospel of Matthew Chapter 24.

The speaker at the retreat got my attention. It was a wake-up call, again. Sometimes we need to be awakened. I don't want to come across as a doomsday fanatic, but I do want to be alert to what the bible teaches about the coming of the Lord (the day of the Lord). I want to be ready when the Messiah (Christ Jesus returns) That is why I'm writing this blog. If I believe the bible and say I believe in Jesus and do not share about Him and His second coming, I would be living in disobedience, by not fulfilling the great commission.

Matthew 24:14
Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.) 
I believe, I have a responsibility to tell others. If a house was on fire, would I stand there and watch it burn, if I knew someone was inside? I think at the very least, I would call the fire department or dial 911. Well, I'm dialing 911 right now.  I can only present the biblical truth to others and give an opportunity to receive knowledge to biblical teaching. Whether you are interested or not, is the choice of each individual person.
For me, there is proof in the pudding. We have seen it. It has been written for centuries. Read Matthew chapter 24 to get started. Please don't stop there. Look around at the world news and consider the validity of the word of God.
Consider that the time of the Lord may be near. Hypothetically speaking, if there is a fifty percent chance that the bible is what it is claimed to be, by Christians, all over the world, is it worth investigating? If given a choice, would you gamble your eternal destiny on the other fifty percent? I'm 100% sure I would not play the odds against God.

Matthew Chapter 24 - tells of the end of the age, a time when Christ will return. There are many things Jesus tells His disciples will happen. Over this last century, we have seen many of these signs. Even today, if we turn on the news casts, we see an increase of activity. Lawlessness, hearts of believers growing cold, (people turning from the bible and toward modern beliefs) wars, rumours of wars, (war has become a national event in the last two centuries) the gospel will be preached in all the world (Internet, modern transportation) has made this possible. false prophets, teaching UN-biblical doctrines. Jesus warns us to be alert. We must know the bible so that we will not be deceived. Read further in Matthew 24. If you do not have a bible, a great bible reference is Bible gateway.com. See links belows.

Reference: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2024&version=AMP;CEB

For more bible study, here is a great link.

http://www.thestreamtv1.com/PUT/bdtv_academy_002.htm



  


1 comment: